We got into this business because we love caring for breastfeeding mothers and their babies. That skill doesn’t always coincide with business and financial savvy. If you can relate, we’ve got you covered.
In this episode, we share our advice, tips, and experiences for creating a successful business and staying on top of your finances. From business expenses to taxes, we’re diving in deep for this Financial Real Talk.
In this episode, we will cover:
- Cost of Doing Business vs. Business Expenses
- Pay Yourself, Pay Your Taxes
- How do you get through the Ups and Downs?
This episode is sponsored by MilkNotes. MilkNotes is an all-in-one lactation charting tool that helps you better manage your LC practice.
- “As a small business owner, you’re both the employer and the employee”
- “Pay yourself your salary”
- “You have to pay your taxes”
- “If you don’t have liability insurance, you don’t have a business”
- “It’s terrifying being a small business owner”
- “You CAN grow a sustainable business with sustainable income”
- “What does it mean to be rich to you?”
- “We have this fundamental belief that more breastfeeding is going to make our world a better place”
Annie’s Tech Tip
Secure and Encrypted Communications - What’s the difference?
Leah’s Marketing Tip
Find out how you can build your network in your community as your building your business.
If you’re interested in increasing access for aspiring IBCLCs of color, please check out:
- Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere
- Nikki & Nikki Lactation Career Consultants You Tube Channel is full of training, affirmations and other gems for aspiring IBCLCs.
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of Paperless IBCLC.