Have you ever wondered when everyone around you is going to realize that you’re the worst lactation consultant on the planet? Well, we have! It’s called imposter syndrome, and we’re pretty sure this is going to be a terrible episode on the topic where you figure out we have no idea what we’re talking about.
- What is imposter syndrome?
- How does it affect your work? By sharing it, we can fix it.
- Okay, what’s next? Annie and Leah share tricks and tips for how to cope with it
- “It’s a good highlighter for areas that I am feeling less confident”
- “I’m a badass lactation consultant”
- “There will always be an area where you feel unconfident”
- “Reflecting on our wins in the past, is way more helpful than trying push yourself into an unknown future”
- “Get a go-to statement!”
- “Don’t pretend to be something you’re not.”
- “How someone else perceives you is about them, not about you”
- “Hang on to and keep the things that are going to help you to improve yourself”
Annie’s tech tip
Annie shares how she uses Spruce Secure Message with interns and her admin
Leah’s marketing tip
Leah talks about the importance of blogging and creating new content for website and social media
*This episode is sponsored by Spruce. Mention Lactation Business Coaching when signing up for Spruce and get a free month!
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of Paperless IBCLC.
Resources mentioned or recommended